Wednesday, January 23, 2013

of knitting, corn dogs, and my inability to make decisions.

It's winter and I need something to keep me busy.

No, that's not even true.  I have lots to keep me busy.  School, for one thing, although I do try to pretend to doesn't exist.  And making for another.  Making, making, making.

Yesterday and the day before that (or, possibly, the whole last week), it was cardboard and duct tape.  Bright, shiny duct tape in yellow, red, green, blue, and white.  Toys, like the ones from Mer Mag (loooove that blog).  Today, it's ravelry.  Because I have class and yes, I do plan on sitting in the back and knitting obsessively all through class.  It's a horrifying three hours long and the way I figure, I might as well get something out of it (because an education isn't "something"?), as well as keep myself awake.

Some things about me:

I love to knit, sew, cook, glue, pin, paint (toys, mostly), make popcorn (and eat it), and watch junk TV.  I have Asperger's, or an Austistic Spectrum Disorder, which can render me a little obsessive when it comes to my making, and utterly inept when it comes to social interaction. ;)  I like people, I'm just not sure what to do with them, and I'm easily overwhelmed, distracted, and exhausted.

I love Diet Pepsi.  Don't even try giving me Diet Coke.  Don't even try it.  .........okay, I'll drink it if that's all there is, but I do like Pepsi better.

I like movies, but I hate movie theaters, unless there's popcorn (see above).

I frequently stab myself with needles (on accident!), sew over my fingers, drop things, break things, stumble, trip.... I am clumsy.

I am married and I love, love, love him.  He even puts up with my obsessive tendencies and my propensity for making disastrous messes.  He gets a fair amount of food out of it though, like lasagna tonight, and homemade corndogs.

For now, that's all, but I plan on coming up with more to say later.  I just really need to settle on a new project before I go to class in a couple hours and I can't seem to make any concrete decisions today!  Oh, brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment